Breakfast&Lunch & Dinner
Brown rice is low in GI and good for you. Brown rice has almost nutty flavour and the texture of is chewy.
Cooking brown rice is different from white rice. We will use the absorption method. It will take a bit longer than white rice but worth a wait.
By: Cherie Jones
- Measure the rice, clean it in the sieve.
- Use 1:2 for Rice: Water
- Add rice and water in the sauce pan
- Bring it up to the boil
- close the lid (at all time) and turn down the heat to the lowest and leave it for 15-20 minutes (Depend of how big the hop)
- After 15-20 minutes take it off the heat and leave it (don’t open the lid) on the side for upto 20 minutes.
- Check your rice, stir and it is ready to eat.