Lunch & Dinner
Stir-fried chicken and cashew nuts
Stir-fried chicken and cashew nuts is one of the most popular dishes among expats in Thailand. And I think this is one of the most ordered menus in Thai restaurants abroad. This is like Thai version of sweet and sour (Hong Kong Style) in Chinese food. This delicious dish is not spicy.
- 200-300 gramsChicken cut to pieces
- 1/2 cup of cashew nuts
- 1Small Onion
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 3-4Large dried chillies (Optional)
- 1-2small bell peppers or 1-2 red chillies
- 6-7Snow pea (mangetout)
- 2 Tbspsoy sauce (1 for marinating the chicken 1 for stir-fry)
- 2 Tbspoyster sauce
- 1 TspMaggi sauce
- 1 Tbspsugar
- 50 gramsThai chilli paste (Nam Prik Pow)
- 2 Tbspcooking oil (vegetable oil or sunflower oil) for stir-fry
- 1/2 TspBicarbonate Soda (optional)
- 1 Tbspwater
- (This is optional) If you want your chicken to be soft as Chinese restaurant, you can follow this step. Marinate your chicken with bicarbonate soda for 15 minutes then rinse them thoroughly with cold water. Dry them with kitchen paper and leave them aside.
- Marinate chicken with Soy sauce around 5 minutes
- Cut and prepare garlic, snow peas (mangetout), Onion (to chunks), bell pepper (Button), Spring Onion and Large Dry Chilli
- Fry cashew nuts until golden and leave them aside
- In small bowl, add soy sauce, oyster sauce, Maggi sauce, Sugar, Thai chilli paste (Nam Prik pow) and water. Mix them together and leave them aside
- Heat up the pan, add a little oil in and cook the chicken until they are cooked and soft. Leave them aside.
- Use the new pan, heat up the pan with 1 Tbsp of cooking oil. Fry large dry chilli until the colour’s changed and smell nice. Take them out the pan and leave them aside. Keep the old oil.
- Add the rest of cooking oil to the same pan, heat it up and add garlic in. Then add onion stir-fry them. Then add Bell peppers then Snow peas to stir-fry.
- Add back fried large dry chillies and cooked chicken. Stir-fry them.
- Add the mixed sauce to the pan. Then coat everything with the sauce. Add back cashew nuts.
- Add Spring onion, stir-fry then turn off the heat. and it’s ready to be served.
Or follow my cooking Video here