Lunch & Dinner
Chicken Satay with peanut sauce
Who doesn’t like juicy chicken satay with creamy sweet & tangy peanut sauce. Kids also love chicken satay. Try this easy recipe at home and enjoy juicy chicken satay with homemade and authentic Thai peanut sauce. .
1. Soak satay sticks in cold water. Leave them aside.
2. Roast coriander and coming seeds gently, then crushed them to fine powder.
3. Cut chicken breasts into pieces (7.5 cm x 4 cm x 0.5 cm)
4. Marinate chicken by putting & mixing all marinade ingredients in the bowl with chicken. Cover with cling film and put int he fridge.
5. After 40 minutes, Thread chicken onto chicken satay sticks.
6. Then grill them for a couple of minutes per side on the griddle pan. Grill until they are cooked. Or you can grill them in your grill oven ( High Heat) for 4 minutes per side and keep flipping them around until they are cooked.
7. To make peanut sauce, crush or pound peanuts in mortar & pestle. Leave them aside.
8. With medium high heat, heat up half of coconut milk.
9. Add red curry paste into the pan with crushed toasted cumin & coriander seeds. Move them around gently.
10. Add the rest of coconut milk, Palm sugar, salt and Tamarind paste.
11. Add crushed peanuts move them around.Then add a little stock or water.
12. Taste it and add more ingredients, if need to. Then turn of the heat.
13. Garnish with red chilli, coriander and peanuts.