Lunch & Dinner
Egg noodles stir-fried with chicken and bacon
I sm so excited to share my recipe for egg noodles stir-fried with chicken and bacon. It’s so easy and this is my first dish ever cooked in a student flat away from home. I’ve since improved this recipe and it’s still very easy to make. You can use up any vegetables in the fridge (the more, the better). And of course, we regularly have bacon in our fridge. So chicken is optional really, just use double the amount of bacon instead. If you want to cook for 2, you can half this recipe or the dish keeps well in the fridge. All ingredients can be adapted to your taste.
By: Cherie Jones
Method: (Step by step student cooking style)
- Cut chicken and add 1 Tbsp of light soy sauce to marinate while preparing other ingredients.
- Prepare all ingredients next to you and the pan. In the small bowl (or jug), mix 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce, 2 Tbsp light soy sauce, 2 Tbsp sesame oil, 1/2 Tap sugar and 1 Tbsp sherry together and leave on the side.
If you don’t have a saucepan, you can use your frying pan to cook noodles. Add water into the pan and bring it upto the boil. Add all egg noodles to the pan and cook as per instructions on the packet.
- When cooked, drain and leave on the side. Add 1 Tbsp sesame oil and mix them in order to prevent the noodles sticking together.
- Heat up the same pan then add cooking oil. Add bacon. When the bacon’s cooked, add chicken and fry them until they are nicely cooked.
- Add onion and garlic. Then stir-fry them together.
Add red pepper and carrots then stir-fry them.
- Add noodles, water and mixed sauce to the pan. Mix them with tongs. Or a fork. Coat everything with the sauce.
- Stir-fry them with tongs or a fork until they smell nice or even get some char colour on some vegetables and meat. Add spring onion. Mix them well in the pan.
Now noodles are ready to be served. Best served with your favourite chilli oil or chilli flakes.