10-11 hours ( 30 Minutes cooking time)
Lunch & Dinner
Creamy coconut ice-cream
This creamy coconut ice-cream is Thai -inspired and perfect for this summer. Serve this with peanuts and sticky rice.
By: Cherie Jones
- Prepare our ingredients.
- In the big bowl, add double cream and caster sugar.
- Whisk cream and sugar together by using electric whisk or by hand until it holds its shape.
- Add coconut milk to full fat milk and mix them together. (You can choose to scald the milk first, if your milk hasn’t been pasteurised.)
- Add the mixture of milk and coconut milk to the cream. Whisk them together until it forms a smooth creamy consistency.
- Put the mixture into plastic or foil container. For this recipe, you will need two containers. Then put them in the freezer for 5 hours. I’ve found the foil containers much easier to use, when we are working with the frozen mixture.
- After 5 hours take them out and stir them by using the spoon or fork. This process is helping to break down the ice crystal. Then quickly put them back to the freezer.
- After another 3-5 hours in the freezer, take them out the freezer. Allow the frozen mixture to soften slightly. Then cut them into chunks. Place them into the food processor and process by using ‘pulse’ setting. Process until the mixture’s smooth. Do not over-process the mixture. You can always return the mixture to the freezer to harden. Or you can choose to serve now.
- Serve the ice-cream with peanuts or any toppings you like.
- Enjoy your homemade creamy coconut ice-cream in your garden this summer.