Buar Loi is one of my Thai favourite desserts. It’s easy to make.
Time: 40 minutes
250 grams Glutinous rice flour
1 Tablespoon Corn flour
150 grams palm sugar
150 grams sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cups water
2 cups water
200 grams sugar
1-2 pieces of slices ginger
Pandan leaves (tied into knot)
1. Make Glutinous balls by mix two types of flour together. Add the water slowly a little at the time. Knead the flour until it’s smooth. You can add food colouring when you are kneading. If it is really sticky, you can add more glutinous rice flour in.
2. Make all the dough into small balls then boil them in boiling water. When they are cooked, they will float and you can remove them from the pan. Leave them aside in cold water.
3. Boil some water with sugar. Then poach the eggs in that water. Leave the poached eggs aside.
4. Boil coconut milk with pandan leaves then add both sugar in the pan. Let them dissolve. Bring it up to the boil. Be careful, we don’t want coconut milk to split.
5. Serve some balls in coconut milk and add your poached egg in.
If you don’t like eggs, you can leave it out.