Lunch & Dinner
Beer-battered pork popcorn served with sticky rice and sweet chilli sauce, on little gem
This Thai-inspired dish is great for outdoor dining. It can be served as canapé or starter. Beautiful individual finger-portions, packed full of flavour and contrasting textures, will be sure to impress your guests. Let’s enjoy fine dining in your garden.
By: Cherie Jones
- Cut pork to thin and small pieces
- Put all ingredients to marinade in freezer bag. Massage and coat the pork with all the sauce. Then put it to the fridge for 1-3 hours or more.
- Soak sticky rice for 45 minutes before cooking by your convenient method
- Make the batter by adding all self raising flour, salt and beer in the large bowl. Mix them and add marinaded pork to the batter.
- Fry pork on medium heat for around 4-5 minutes per batch. Take them out when they are done and golden. Drain/rest them for 4-5 minutes in the sieve before putting on the plate and leave them aside.
- Take little gem apart to individual leaves and clean them. Prepare sweet corn, coriander and red chilli (optional).
- Assemble sticky rice, fried pork popcorn, sweet corn into the little gem leaf. Garnish with coriander and red chilli. Add sweet chilli sauce to your liking.